Please keep watching for future updates
Bishop John Stowe, OFM Conv., has named Melissa Holland as ecumenical officer of the Diocese of Lexington. She will continue her role as pastoral associate at Pax Christi Parish in Lexington. In her role as ecumenical officer, Holland will be the Catholic Church’s lead point of contact and collaboration with Christians of other denominations in central and eastern Kentucky. She succeeds Fr. Nick Pagano in the role.
“I believe that all Christians must learn to speak the truth in love. As the first layperson and woman to hold this position in our diocese, I am truly honored to accept the position as ecumenical officer, representing Bishop John and the diocese in conversations with other Christians on how we can be faithful to the teachings of our own tradition yet stand together as Christian witnesses to issues that we hold in common,” Holland said.
Make Plans for Holy Week
Palm Sunday, April 4-5: Masses at normal times
Chrism Mass: April 7 at 10:30 a.m. at Cathedral
Seder: Wednesday, April 8 at 6:30 p.m.
Holy Thursday, April 9: 6:30 p.m. Mass
Good Friday, April 10: 6:30 p.m. Mass
Easter Vigil: April 11 at 9 p.m. (No 5 p.m. Mass)
Easter Sunday Mass Times on April 12:
6:30 a.m., 8:30 a.m., and 11 a.m.
Easter Egg Hunt at 9:45 a.m. on Easter Sunday
Fast and Abstinence
· Fasting: On Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, those who are 18 but not yet 60 are allowed only one full meal. Two smaller meals are allowed as needed, but eating solid foods between meals is not permitted.
· Abstinence from meat: Those who are 14 years of age or older are to abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday and all the Fridays of Lent.
· The more fundamental obligation is to make Lent a penitential season, choosing practices that are adapted to your own circumstances.
· Source and excerpts taken from The Little Black Book (Take one home! Located on the back counter in the Gathering Space.).
· The Pax Christi Knights of Columbus is holding the Annual 40 Cans for 40 Days Food Drive.
· From Ash Wednesday to Palm Sunday, bring canned goods and non-perishable food items to the tables behind the altar.
· This drive will support God’s Pantry Food Bank, Chrysalis House and the Catholic Action Center.
Come join the Easter Ensemble! Practices are on Sundays from 2-3 p.m. in the sanctuary every weekend in March through April 5, culminating in Easter Sunday Mass. Email Cindy Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today!
Chime Time is accepting new chimers! Email Cindy Waters at email@example.com to reserve your child’s spot. Chime Time rehearses Mondays from 6-7 p.m.
The regulations on Lenten fast and abstinence are:
Every Friday (Except GOOD Friday) from 5:30—7 p.m.
Drive Thru and carry out available
Adult Fish Dinner—$9
Children’s Fish Dinner—$4
Children’s Cheese Pizza Dinner—$4
Dinners include fried or baked fish, salad, green beans, hushpuppies, French fries, mac-n-cheese & a drink.
Sponsored by the Pax Christi
· The Pax Christi Knights of Columbus are again launching the Annual 40 Cans for 40 Days Food Drive.
· From Ash Wednesday to Palm Sunday bring canned goods and non-perishable food items to the tables behind the altar.
· This will support God’s Pantry Food Bank, Chrysalis House and the Catholic Action Center.
The Dads & Daughters Dance held on February 7 was so much fun! Our volunteers (above & immediate right photo) helped make it a very special night too!